Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Our countries capital!

Day 20: Washington, DC. I must say that I was pretty overwhelmed at the size of this city and how great the museums were. Even though I was only there for one day, I got to see quite a bit of city(and my feet are paying for it now)! You've all seen the famous buildings and monuments many times before, so I won't bore you with that. Instead here's a picture of a metal garden at the US Botonical Gardens. Here you can smell the aroma of plants from around the world!

My favorite building I visited was the Library of Congress. Here's a pictures of one of the rooms. Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of the Main Reading Room which was by far the most amazing room I've ever seen in my life(I couldn't even find a post card of it in the gift shop).

These next two pictures are of the World War II Memorial (adjacent to the Reflecting Pool). This is a recent addition to the Mall and some of you may never have seen it (or know it exists).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home