Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Coast of Maine

Day 33: Maine. As you might expect, Maine is every bit as beautiful as you might expect it to be. I drove nearly the entire scenic coast highway Route 1, after getting my feet a little wet in the refreshing water of York Beach.

Maine is well known for it's lighthouses, so after admiring the view of the sailboats in Rockland (and wondering how the owners get out to them), I ran at top speed up to Owls Head Lighthouse because it was suppose to close at sunset. I expected the lighthouse to be taller, but the view of the Atlantic at sunset was worth the run.


Afterwards I ate my first lobster in several years at Captain Wiggins Seafood in Rockland...it was very tasty! Hi to the nice folks at Captain Wiggins...hope your weekend was relaxing!

1 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Those are some great pictures, Tom. Looks like you're having a blast! Keep the pictures coming...I'm jealous.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home