Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wild black bear spotted in Nova Scotia!

Day 35: near Southampton, Nova Scotia. Ever since I got into Maine I kept seeing signs to look out for Moose walking onto the roads. I never did see one, but I was stunned to see a black bear standing in the middle of the road in an area of Nova Scotia where I hadn't seen another car pass by for a while. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hesitated before grabbing for my camera. I guess I could have stopped the car too, but by the time my camera was out, the bear had walked back into the trees. The artist rendition below shows precisely what it looked like out my car window.
I was disappointed I didn't get an actual picture of the bear, but that faded as I explored more of Nova Scotia's natural beauty!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home