Monday, November 27, 2006

The Pacific Northwest!

Day 132: Portland, OR. After hanging out in the Bay Area for abouta month, I decided to go on the final leg of my road trip...up to the Pacific Northwest.

On the way to Portland I was able to get a couple of decent shots of Mt. Shasta before the clouds completely obscured the mountain.



Then in the town of Cottage Grove I went on a 25 mile loop that went thru or next to 5 or 6 really cool looking old covered bridges.



Portland is a very beautiful city...lots of hills, trees...and oh yeah...it rained almost the entire time I was there! Besides all of the natural scenery I was most impressed by Powell's Book Store. Billed as the largest book store in America, this place truely is amazing. I couldn't really take a good picture to show the size of the store since it's made up of several connecting rooms. So here's a picture with Brian F Menz to show scale:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home