Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm back in the America baby!!!

Day 38: Detroit, MI. After crossing the Ambassador Bridge, waiting in line, and then answering a few questions to the impatient customs official, I entered back into the good ol' US of A in Detroit. This city feels extremely old...some of the roads were still brick and abandoned buildings were the norm downtown. It was a surreal contrast to the futuristic-looking GM building(I grabbed that picture off the internet because I couldn't find a good place to stop and take the picture).

A Detroit Tigers game was that evening at Comerica Field and what seemed like the entire town was heading to the ballpark on foot. Because of the game, it was difficult to drive around the city and there wasn't any parking anywhere. Instead I headed to Dearborn to spend the night.






Across from Comerica Field was this pretty cool looking Fox Theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home